Monday, July 9, 2012

Café chillen

With the jet lag and fast paced lifestyle finally catching up to us, me and Brooke have been laying low lately.I've spent lots of time in a cafes over the past few days, doing some work and sippin on Café au lait (this is coffee with milk, a Café to them is an espresso, very bitter). Brooke found out she has strep throat on Sunday, so she spent her day sleeping and resting so I set out by myself to read for class and found a little cafe that I loved. I loved the intimate feels of this one, with most of the other people there being regulars (some seemed like family members of the workers, little baby running around). That afternoon I went and got chocolate chaud (hot chocolate) with a new friend I met. After that we what walked around the city a little bit, and up the Seine River. On Sundays the city is pretty quiet because most stores are closed, except for those in big centers such as Bastille. This weekend was a fun, relaxing one- very much needed. We have a lot of fun things planned for this week and then this weekend is Bastille Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment